Assimilation of alternate generations
- The assimilation of alternate generations (a widespread phenomenon, having various forms) is explained by the tetradic theory of kinship and social structure as a survival from the earliest human social systems. Different ways of conceptualizing such systems are discussed, and previous theorising along similar lines is noted.
- Publication status:
- Peer review status:
- Peer reviewed
- Oxford University Anthropological Society
- Journal of the Anthropological Society of Oxford (JASO) Journal website
- Publication date:
- Local pid:
- Deposit date:
- Copyright holder:
- Journal of the Anthropological Society of Oxford (JASO)
- Copyright date:
- Citation: Allen, N. J. (1989). 'Assimilation of alternate generations', Journal of the Anthropological Society of Oxford, 20(1), 45-55.
Views and Downloads
If you are the owner of this record, you can report an update to it here: Report update to this record